do we have to charge vat on commission income? its an other income to us.

asked May 7, 2018 in VAT by Chamari Perera
we have rented some part of our floor area to a spectacles shop. we are going to charge a commission on their spectacles sales (some % of their sale as our commission) our main business is something else and we are VAT registered.
do we have to issue tax invoices to above spectacle shop for that commission??

1 Answer

0 votes
answered May 7, 2018 by RizviM (260 points)
Yes you need to issue a VAT invoice.